Labrador Dog Rushed To Emergency Clinic After Eating Its Lead

Labrador Dog Rushed To Emergency Clinic After Eating Its Lead

By Sammie Jones-

A  Labrador dog  in Newport, Wales. was rushed to an emergency clinic, after it ate its own lead while on a 15-minute car journey with his owners, leaving nothing but the metal end behind.

Labrador dogs were bred to be the perfect water dogs. They have water-resistant double coats that provide insulation, and their short fur keeps them warm but doesn’t drag them down when it gets wet.

The team successfully recovered the lead, which had been segmented through chewing into several, neat 5cm strips retrievers were bred to be the perfect water dogs. They have water-resistant double coats that provide insulation, and their short fur keeps them warm but doesn’t drag them down when it gets wet.

The dog’s owner, Christine, said that although the seven-year-old dog is prone to chewing things, this is the first time he’s eaten something he shouldn’t have.

”He is always at the socks and knickers from the washing, although he just bites holes in them, he’s never actually eaten any. So, we never for a moment thought he’d do anything as crazy as eat his lead.

It’s only about a 15-minute journey but when Brian went to get him out, all that was left was the metal end of the lead. He checked the car and the car park just in case but there was no trace so it was obvious he’d started chewing on it and then just ate the whole thing”.

Dog consumed its lead and ended up in hospital   Image: PA

Most dogs are aware of  what they can eat,  and generally don’t consume anything that harmful for their well being. In this case, the dog went too far in consuming material that could have been damaging to its health.

 

 

 

Spread the news
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.