Meghan Interview With Oprah Winfrey Will Spark Fireworks

Meghan Interview With Oprah Winfrey Will Spark Fireworks

By Sheila Mckenzie-

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Oprah Winfrey interview to be aired on March 7 will spark fire works in the media, and in royal circles. . The news of the interview came a day after the Sussexes revealed they were expecting their second baby.

News of the scheduled broadcast interview was kept secret by the Dutch and Dutchess Of Sussex , but eventually revealed, annoying royal members in the process, particularly after press release viewed as a sharp response to the Queen’s reactionary stripping of their military patronage duties.

The interview is now being edited after the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were stripped of their royal patronages and honorary titles this week after the Queen  reportedly warned there could be no ‘half in, half out’ roles for the couple, telling them that they work for the royal family, not the other way round, and that it would not be ‘possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service.’

The couple hit back with a statement insisting ‘service is universal’ – although a friend of the Duke has since claimed the remark was ‘taken out of context’.

. The source added: ‘It seems clear from the sequence of events that they wanted and needed to know the final outcome (of the Queen’s decision) before they taped Oprah.’ Prince William is also said to be ‘really sad and genuinely shocked’ by the Sussexes’ ‘insulting and disrespectful’ response to the Queen, according to the Sunday Times.

Critics expected the Dutch and Dutchess Of Sussex would have first notified the Queen of their planned interview in line with protocol. But an interview that would reveal feelings of anger, hostility, or perceived maltreatment , is not the type one would notify the subjects of the interview advance. The decision to edit aspects of the interview suggests there are aspects of the interview the Dutch and Dutchess of Sussex know will spark serious fireworks.

The content of the documentary will be the marker in whether their decision to go public was necessary.  It could be explosive.  The stark departure from royal protocol is difficult to come to terms with now Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have cut ties from royal duties, but what their interview will reveal is the key issue.

The documentary may reveal details that makes the public understand why they felt the need to depart from royal duties, or attract wide condemnation. A lot will depend on what the couple say to an international broadcaster.

The documentary is expected to lift the lid on the Dutchess Of Sussex’s agony, including why the couple left the Royal Family.

Pals of Meghan have said the interview gives her a voice she couldn’t have as a royal, but it remains to be seen whether it is a voice to address her critics, or to further other ambitions she may have had coming into the royal family, or both. Ms Markel has been accused of

Buckingham Palace only learned of the interview when U.S TV network CBS issued a statement earlier this week – after one of Oprah’s producers alerted ITV to the project by mistake, according to the Mail on Sunday.

The ‘wide ranging interview’ reportedly emerged when a member of CBS staff requested access to ITV news anchor Tom Bradby’s interview with Meghan in 2019 – which saw her open up about the struggles of becoming a new mum in the media spotlight.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were stripped of their royal patronages and honorary titles this week after the Queen reportedly warned there could be no ‘half in, half out’ roles for the couple, telling them:

‘You work for the monarchy – the monarchy does not work for you.’ Her Majesty said that by ‘stepping away’ from the Royal Family, it would not be ‘possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service.’ The couple hit back with a statement insisting ‘service is universal’ – although a friend of the Duke has since claimed the remark was ‘taken out of context’.

. The source added: ‘It seems clear from the sequence of events that they wanted and needed to know the final outcome (of the Queen’s decision) before they taped Oprah.’ Prince William is also said to be ‘really sad and genuinely shocked’ by the Sussexes’ ‘insulting and disrespectful’ response to the Queen, according to the Sunday Times.

 

Spread the news
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.