FILTHY AND HIGH RISK CHINESE RESTAURANT CLOSED DOWN BY MAGISTRATES

FILTHY AND HIGH RISK CHINESE RESTAURANT CLOSED DOWN BY MAGISTRATES

BY ERIC KING

A Chinese takeaway “putting the health of their customers at risk” has been ordered to close after mice droppings and urine was found on tins and packets of food.

Waltham Forest council’s environmental health officers intervened after finding the vermin infestation at Fu Lam Chinese takeaway, in Forest Road, Walthamstow.

How reliable are Chinese take away restaurants? By the end of 2014, 31 Chinese restaurants in the Newham Borough were forced to shut down because of a flagrant breach of health standards, with the Golden Dragon in Plaistow highlighted at the time as the worst case seen in 12 years and forced to close by the courts.

POPULAR
Chinese meals are popular with a large section of the public because of its taste appeal and its speed and quick and easily accessibility. It certainly saves the time of cooking meals personally. However, it will come as a shock to many that a Chinese restaurant has been instructed to close down for putting the health of customers at risk, after mice droppings and urine was found on tins and packets of food.

Soaked with urine were the box, and also the inside of a bag used to deliver food to customers. It doesn’t stop there because two cockroaches were also found in the kitchen and floor boards in the store rooms had mice all over it. Terrible? It’s not over yet guys. Shocked inspectors who visited the property said the kitchen was filled with grease and added that a filthy tea towel was found drying on a tea towel.

One former customer, Lisa Matthews, told The eye of media ” it is the most disgusting thought ever. I can only seriously sympathize with anybody who has eaten Chinese food here. It would not surprise me the least if some customers have had food bugs but did not connect it to eating a meal in this highly unhygienic environment.

The restaurant’s chef’s apron was dirty and brushes were encrusted with food debris. The place was to filthy even for dogs”

MAGISTRATES
The case was taken to Stratford Magistrates’ Court last weekend, but was only brought to our attention yesterday. The council has been instructed to close the restaurant down until can satisfy the inspector that all the problems have been addressed. Customers will be advised never to go there again no matter what changes they make because as they say, a Leopard never changes its spots. What a disgrace to the owners!

Spread the news
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Related Posts: