Three Year Old Boy Dies After Suspected Dog Attack

Three Year Old Boy Dies After Suspected Dog Attack

By  Samantha Jones-

A three-year-old boy has died after a suspected dog attack in a town in the foothills of the South Pennines.

Officers were called at about 1.15pm on Sunday by the ambulance service after reports a child had been injured at Carr Lane in Milnrow, a town that borders the M62 near Rochdale.

The toddler was taken by ambulance to hospital where he was pronounced dead.

No arrests have been made and police are investigating the circumstances, as well as previous incidents involving dogs at the home.

Officers said they were making inquiries, including looking at previous incidents involving dogs at the home. No arrests have been made.

Police have sealed off the area, which is in a rural area of Rochdale.

Det Supt Jamie Daniels, of Greater Manchester Police, said it was a “tragic, devastating incident” and their thoughts were with the family.

“Our enquiries to find out what happened will be thorough and are very much in their infancy,” he said

“I understand this is an extremely distressing incident for all concerned and this news will rock the local community.”

He added a criminal investigation had begun but detectives were keeping an open mind.

We are investigating the incident and previous incidents involving dogs at this address Detective Superintendent Jamie Daniels Detective Superintendent Jamie Daniels, of the Great Manchester Police’s public protection and serious crime division, said: “This is a tragic, devastating incident and our thoughts are with the family at this horrendous time.

“We are investigating the incident and previous incidents involving dogs at this address.

“While our inquiries to find out what happened will be thorough and are very much in their infancy, we suspect that this little boy has, sadly succumbed, to injuries received as a result of a dog attack.

“I understand this is an extremely distressing incident for all concerned and this news will rock the local community.

“I can only assure everyone that we will work relentlessly to establish the full circumstances that led to this tragedy and while we retain an open mind, this is now being dealt with as a criminal investigation.

“There will be a significant police presence in the area, we will be there to carry out an investigation and address any concerns residents may have.”

Spread the news

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.